Because we think you deserve better, we’ve compiled a helpful and easy guide outlining energy saving tips to help you better manage your energy usage:
- Keep your windows double glazed to prevent unnecessary heat from escaping.
- Buildings can benefit from high-quality roof installation. It can keep you warm in winter and cool in the summer months.
- Keep lighting saved to a timer and only light up rooms when they are in use.
- Seal doors and windows to minimise air from escaping.
- Use your thermostat and automate your room temperature.
- Consider energy efficient heating, venting and air conditioning systems (also called HVAC systems).
- Businesses, calculate your NABERS reading and discover ways your building can be more energy, waste and water efficient.
- If your plan has different rates for peak and off-peak usage, try to use utalise your off-peak rates as much as possible.
- To avoid unnecessary power usage, check your fridge is set between 3 – 5 degrees and freezer is -15 degrees.
- Check fridge seals are in optimum condition and the door can be firmly closed.
- Try not to over-pack your fridge and freezer as this prompts the appliance to generate more power to keep everything cool.
- When cooking, cover pots and pans to minimise cooking times.
- Set your hot water to approximately 60 degrees.
- If you have clothes and other items to wash, try washing them in a cold water wash and wait until you have a full load.
- Try using the outdoors to dry your clothes instead of a dryer.
- When showering, try and keep them under 5 minutes.
- When using air conditioning, try setting the gauge between 23 – 26 degrees.
- Replace incandescent and halogen light bulbs with energy-efficient LED globes.
- Turn items off completely when they are not in use, eliminate standby mode.
Compare Your Energy Plan