Life Support Concession

Are you a concession card holder using a life support machine at home? If yes, you could be eligible for concessions on your electricity and water bills.

Who can apply for the concession?

An electricity or water account holder who:

  • Holds an eligible concession card (Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card, Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card) and
  • Uses an eligible life support machine or
  • Has a household member who uses an eligible life support machine

What machines are eligible for the concession?

Approved machines are those that use at least 1,880 kilowatt hours of electricity annually. Machines already approved are:

  • Intermittent peritoneal dialysis machines
  • Oxygen concentrators
  • Haemodialysis machines

Applications for other machines must be approved by the department of human services.


To register for a Life Support Rebate status with Next Business Energy:

  1. Download and complete the Life Support Concession Form
  2. Ask your doctor to sign it and confirm that you need the equipment
  3. Send the completed form to us:

Next Business Energy
Melbourne Office
PO Box 550
Flinders Lane VIC 8009

03 8535 2550


Want to know more?

Visit the Victorian Government’s Concession web page.