To receive a concession on electricity bills related to medically-required cooling, your medical condition must be confirmed by your doctor.
Who can apply for the concession?
An electricity account holder who holds an eligible concession card (Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card, Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card) and:
- Has a medical condition that affects their body’s ability to self-regulate temperature or
- Has a household member with such a medical condition
How much is the concession?
17.5 per cent of electricity usage and service costs between 1 November and 30 April.
To register for a Life Support Rebate status with Next Business Energy:
- Download and complete the Medical cooling Concession Form
- Ask your doctor to sign it and confirm that you need the equipment
- Send the completed form to us:
Next Business Energy
PO Box 550
Flinders Lane VIC 8009
03 8535 2550
Want to know more?
Visit the Victorian Government’s Concession web page.