Your Current Estimated Meter Read Invoice
You will be issued an invoice with an estimated meter read. You may request a bill adjustment if you provide a usage recording before the due date of your current bill and your read is less than our estimate*.
When lodging a meter read please ensure you have the following information available:
- Your meter read – for more information on how to read your meter please read our blog, How to Read and Understand Your Meter which can be found at nextbusinessenergy.com.au/blog/how-do-i-read-and-understand-my-energy-meter)
- Account number
- Meter Number
- Proof of Date
- Full name
- Email address
- Supply address
You can submit this information to Next Business Energy by emailing Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org with an image of the read, clearly date stamped with a current newspaper or any digital form that verifies a date (please refer to the image on the right). All readings must be date stamped. Readings over the phone will not be accepted. For more information, please call Customer Care on 1300 466 398 between 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
Next Business Energy can reject your meter read if it has not been provided in accordance with the instructions specified in this notification, if it was received after your current invoice due date or if the meter read provided is lower than the previous actual read. If your read estimate is refused, you will receive a notification explaining the reasons for this decision.
Meter read rejection reasons:
- The meter read provided is lower than the previous actual read of the meter.
- The photograph of the meter read is not clearly visible and does not show the correct meter number installed at the premise.
- Valid date stamp not supplied.
- The meter read is provided after the due date of the estimated read invoice.
If we accept your meter read, we will reissue your current invoice, as required. Please ensure payment is applied to your reissued invoice.
If you are dissatisfied with our decision you can request Next Business Energy review your current bill, or alternatively you can contact the relevant Energy and Water Ombudsman in your state or territory:
- ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal – 02 6207 1740
- Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW – 1800 246 545
- Energy and Water Ombudsman Queensland – 1800 662 837
- Energy Industry Ombudsman South Australia – 1800 665 565
- Energy and Water Ombudsman (Victoria) – 1800 500 509
Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.
Next Business Energy Customer Care Team
*Estimated self-meter reads are only available to basic meter customers.