This program is a positive alternative to the standard collection process designed to assist customers experiencing hardship
An Introduction to Next Business Energy’s Hardship Program
Next Business Energy operates a Hardship Program to support our customers through difficult times. Our Hardship Program is designed to assist customers who have the intention but not the capacity to pay energy bills. The entry criteria, benefits and program features are summarised in this document.
1. Why we have the Hardship ProgramThe Program is a positive alternative to the standard collection process designed to assist customers experiencing hardship. We have a dedicated hardship team who will ensure that you are assisted in managing accounts of those experiencing hardship.
2. Eligibility CriteriaTo enter the Hardship Program, and remain on the Program, you must meet the following three criteria:
- Have a current residential customer account with us
- Be experiencing short term or long term hardship; and
- Demonstrate a willingness to pay
3. Benefits and Features of the ProgramThe benefits of the program include:
- Flexible payment arrangements taking into account your debt, consumption needs for the next 12 months and capacity to pay;
- Assistance and advice in managing your account and energy consumption;
- Assistance in applying for and advice on government funded concessions and rebates;
- Free phone energy audits;
- Discounted energy efficient products;
- Guaranteed non disconnection of your electricity account; and
- Review of the appropriateness of your market contract at no cost.
4. Contact usIf you have any questions about this notice or would like to participate in the Hardship Program, please don’t hesitate to contact our helpful and friendly Hardship Team on 1300 466 398 who are available between the hours of 9:00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
Prefer to speak with a customer service team member?