If you, or a member of your household, depends on life support, you must register this on your Next Business Energy account.
What is life support equipment?The following equipment is classified as life support equipment:
- an oxygen concentrator
- an intermittent peritoneal dialysis machine
- a kidney dialysis machine
- a chronic positive airways pressure respirator
- crigler najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment
- a ventilator for life support
- in relation to a particular customer—any other equipment that a registered medical practitioner certifies is required for a person residing at the customer’s premises for life support.
How do I register?To register your life support dependency, call us on 1300 46 6398. We are open Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm. We will then temporarily register this on your account. Next Business Energy will advise your local energy distributor, who will provide you with practical advice and an emergency phone number in the event of a power failure or interruption (planned or unplanned). Once we’ve temporarily registered your account for life support, Next Business Energy will send you an application form. You’ll need to complete this application form and have your medical practitioner sign it. You must then return it to us within 15 business days of registering life support on your account, either by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 03 8535 2550
- Mail: Next Business Energy Melbourne Office PO Box 550 Flinders Lane VIC 8009